Muntham began life as a private residence in the mid 1800's but has been operating as holiday apartments for more than fifty years. The building is on three levels. There is a ground floor entrance level, a first floor and a garden level. These levels are connected by staircases. there is no lift. Currently, there are two ground floor apartments and four first floor apartments plus an attached town house which is over three floors.
Our aim is to make Muntham as accessible to as many people as possible and the information that follows is designed to assist potential visitors in deciding whether Muntham is a suitable place to visit.
Basic transport information.
- Torquay mainline station is 2.2 miles away (3.5km). Journey time is approx 8 minutes.
- Torquay coach station is 1.5 miles away (2.3km). Journey time is approx 5 minutes.
- The nearest bus stops are outside and opposite St Matthias' Church on Babbacombe Road and are 0.1 miles away (200 meters away). Buses operate to Torquay harbour and beyond (Paignton and Brixham) as well as to Babbacome and St Marychurch and beyond (Teignmouth and Dawlish).
- Local taxi services are plentiful and specially adapted accessible taxis can be booked in advance.
Muntham arrival details including parking
- Muntham has a car park at the front of the property.
- The car park has a tarmac surface and there are marked parking bays.
- There is night time lighting on timers.
- Access to the building is via the main entrance. There is a tiled porch and then a main door which is 120cm wide. There is a threshold strip which is about 2cm high and has a rounded edge to avoid tripping. The inner door is 96cm wide. There is a 10cm high step up into the main hallway. This area is fully carpeted.
- Assistance can be given to guests with luggage.
Public areas including Reception
- The main office and reception is located off the main hallway. The doorway to this room is 86cm wide and there is no step up. Check ins are conducted here and there are chairs available for guests.
- There is a toilet on the ground floor. The width of the doorway is 88cm. there is no step up into this room.
- The main staircase is 118cm wide and there are handrails on both sides. The steps rise by approx 17cm each time. There are a flight of fifteen stairs and then a messanine landing before (after a 180 degree turn) there are a further 7 stairs. The stairs and the landings are carpeted with short pile fitted carpets. The area has good natural light and is lit throughout the night with artifical lighting.
- There is a stair case that leads down to garden level where the communal laundry room is located. There are 17 steps down. The width of the stairs is 100cm, the height of each step is 18cm and the depth of each step is 25.5cm.
There are two ground floor apartments. These are one bedroom apartments. There are no steps into the apartments or within the apartments. There is a variety of seating within each apartment. The apartments are fully carpeted with short pile carpet. There is a variety of lighting. The bathrooms and the kitchens have either tiled flooring or vinyl flooring. Apartment 2 has a bath with a shower over. Apartment 3 has a shower room with an 1800mm width shower with a small step up. The widths of the doorways vary. The entrance doorways are 89cm wide whilst the doorways within the apartments vary from between 71cm and 74 cm wide.
There are four apartments on the first floor. Two of these are studios and two are one bedroom apartments. The apartments are fully carpeted with short pile carpets. In each the ensuites and kitchens have vinyl flooring. One apartment (apartment 6) has a bath with a shower over, the remaining apartments have showers only. Please see the details for individual apartments for floor plans.
We are happy to accommodate registered assistance dogs at no extra charge.
Check availability and rates and book online.
Cllick the Book Direct button below for the very best rates (up to 20% cheaper than those found elsewhere online). This link allows you to search all the Muntham properties at once. Alternatively, you can search prices and availability and book apartment by apartment by clicking here.
If you prefer, you can also call us on 0791 905 1066 or on 01803 292958.
- FAQ's Categories